Who can join MBS?
Anyone who has an interest in bluebirds. You don't have to be a bluebird expert or have bluebirds in your yard.
What does it cost to join and what benefits would I receive?
We have different levels of membership for individuals or families:
One (1) Year Membership: $15 per year
Three (3) Year Membership: $40
Corporate Membership: $125 per year - we'll put your business logo and link to your site on our home page.
Lifetime Membership: $300 one time - you get an attractive certificate suitable for framing PLUS an MBS embroidered denim shirt.
A quarterly newsletter is mailed to each member. It is filled with useful information about bluebirds and other cavity-nesting birds. MBS also holds several yearly events with featured speakers at no cost to members. Your membership dues will also help cover the costs of exhibiting at various conservation events throughout the state. These are opportunities in our state chapter to be involved in educating the general public about bluebirds and other cavity nesters in Michigan. One of the greatest benefits of membership is that you will be joining a network of people who love bluebirds, and who will be a resource for you in answering all your bluebird questions.
How do I join MBS or Renew my membership?
There are 2 ways: 1. By Credit Card via Paypal's secure website, or 2. By Mail by sending in your personal check with the downloadable membership form (see below).
1. By CREDIT CARD
Choose one of the following membership levels by clicking on the appropriate Add To Cart button. First, choose one of the 3 options in the box above each button depending on whether this will be a New, Renewing, or Gift membership. To buy a Gift membership, put the recipients name, address, and email/phone (optional) in the Add Special Instructions To The Seller field.
NOTE: When you click on one of the buttons below, you will be taken to Paypal's highly secure checkout page where you can pay for your membership. You will see a charge from 'Paypal*MICHIGANBLU' or possibly 'Paypal*MICHIGANBLUEBIRDSOC' on your credit card statement. Note that you may pay either with your Paypal account OR your credit card. You do NOT need a Paypal account to purchase your membership.
One (1) Year Membership - $15
Three (3) Year Membership - $40
Lifetime Membership - $300
(comes with a free MBS logo embroidered shirt)
Corporate Membership - $125
2. BY MAIL
Just download, print, and mail this Michigan Bluebird Society Membership Form (PDF), along with a check or money order to:
Michigan Bluebird Society
P.O. Box 2028
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-2028
In what other ways can I help out?
- Events Coordinator (coordinate MBS meeting details: location, food & beverage, speakers, agenda)
- Fundraising (help organize fund-raising activities and events, solicit donations)
- Education (putting on bluebird education programs, writing articles, etc.)
- Website (keeping our website updated with new information, events, articles, etc.)
- County Coordinator (act as a bluebird resource for your area, help setup bluebird trails and coordinate collection of data)
- Newsletter (layout; write articles or gather background resources for articles)
- State Wide Monitoring Program (assisting in putting into place a program for collecting nesting data on a state-wide basis)
- Officer - (serve as an officer on the Board of Directors of MBS - some travel required)
For more information about how you can help with MBS, go to our Volunteer Opportunities page.