Below are items currently being sold by the Michigan Bluebird Society. All proceeds (after our product costs) go to help education efforts by the MBS as well as bluebird conservation in the state of Michigan.
NOTE: Our shipping prices are for MICHIGAN, INDIANA, AND OHIO shipping destinations only. Please contact us at for shipping costs before ordering, if the order is shipping to any other state.
You will note there are two prices - Member and Non-Member. One of the benefits of being a member of MBS is savings on useful bluebird-related products. If you're not a member but would like to get the Member's Price on an item, just send (along with your order) a new membership form and extra $ amount for a 1 year, 3 year, or lifetime membership. OR, you can sign up on our Join MBS page before placing your order. (We will verify membership status for all orders placed under member pricing before processing) MBS Memberships are also a great gift!
Items in our store have been divided into the following categories. Click on a category below to go directly to the category with items you are looking for, or just browse. We are sure to have something that you need!
Cedar Bluebird Nesting Box Kit
This well-designed and built kit comes from MBS lifetime member Gene Wasserman and his company WoodCraft Kits. Each house kit comes completely cut, sanded, drilled, and ready to assemble with nothing but a hammer or power screw driver. All the hardware and detailed instructions for assembly are included. It is made from Cedar, which is the best exterior wood to use in birdhouse construction due to its high resistance to rot and insects. This kit is a great project for both adults and kids (supervised of course). The photos above show the assembled nesting box. Comes complete with mounting bracket & hardware for 1/2" diameter electrical conduit poles.
• The oval-shaped 1 1/2" x 1 3/4" entry hole allows Bluebirds and Tree Swallows to enter. Also comes with an optional block which can be used to change the entry hole size to 1 1/2" diameter.
• Rough cedar exterior and entry grooves make perching and entry easier for the birds
• Interior grooves on the house front to help nestlings leave the box
• Generous roof overhang to help keep the rain out
• Grooves under the roof and recessed floor reduce water seeping into box
• Bluebird and monitoring information included, as well as a card for recording nesting data
Non-Member's Price: $30.00
Member's Price: $27.50